To have the weekend of a lifetime!
The International Jewish Men’s Slo-Pitch Tournament (IJMST) brings together Jewish ball players from around North America every Labor Day weekend for camaraderie, friendship, and, of course, softball! Players range in age from early 20s to 60s, with many involved who just come to rekindle friendships year-to-year.
Our tournament is run a little differently, beginning with the professionalism and commitment from each host committee. Players pay a generous participation fee each year (generally between $200-$225) and cover their own transportation and hotel costs. There is no team fee. However, this is a nearly an all-inclusive weekend, and we have a blast! Some of what the player fee covers, and what the tournament consists of, includes the following:
- Six game guaranteed; three each on Saturday and Sunday, with opponents based on a random draw
- Top eight teams make the playoffs on Monday in a single-elimination tournament
- The Host Committee negotiates with a local hotel, where all the teams stay; done to create familiarity and create friendships
- During non-game hours (Friday & Saturday evenings primarily) there is a Hospitality Suite/Room available for guys to meet and socialize
- The Hospitality Suite is continuously stocked with snack food and drinks, generally including beer, soda and wine
- Hot breakfast buffets are negotiated and included with the price of the hotel
- Dinner are provided in the Hospitality Suite, in addition to the snack foods, on Friday & Saturday evenings, generally reflecting the host cities specialties
- Lunch is included on Sunday at the ball fields (some cities may include a Saturday lunch too)
- Sunday evening features a banquet with a cocktail hour, dinner, raffle prizes, 50/50, guest speaker(s), weekend highlight video, awards and recognition, and playoff team announcements
- All player receives a gift bag, which at a minimum includes a tournament commemorative T-shirt, water bottle, tournament program, and various other goodies, treats and freebies
- Includes rental car reimbursement for two vehicles for each team for use during the weekend, based on contract negotiated by the Host Committee
We have teams that have been involved for more than three decades, and come from coast to coast. Most recent participants have included Canadian teams from Vancouver, Toronto, Winnipeg, Montreal and Hamilton, with United States squads coming from Chicago, Las Vegas, St. Louis, Detroit, Columbus, Denver and Indianapolis. We have more teams and more teams that make the playoffs.
Join us for a weekend you’ll never forget!