Our Tournament Registration Process
All payments are being done online this year
Our Tournament Registration Process consists of the following steps:
- Team Registration: By registering your team, you have accessed this agreement page. By continuing through the registration process, you agree to abide by the following rules of the IJMST as set forth. (See the balance of this webpage)
- First Team Deposit, YOU ARE ABLE TO PAY IN FULL IMMEDIATELY AS WELL : Please follow the instructions further in this page and submit your teams first deposit online, checks by mail will not be accepted this year.
- Roster Registration: Upon verification of your team’s deposit or full payment, you will be sent an email with confirmation of your deposit and be allowed to update your roster through this site, please allow u to 12 hours for this confirmation.
- Second Team Payment: Registration is complete once you have remitted your second team payment, intended to complete the team player fee. (A discount code will be provided after deposit is made). This step will be able to be accessed at anytime up until the tournament.
The 2016 International Jewish Men’s Slo-Pitch Tournament to be held in Las Vegas will allow all teams who participated in the previous tournament to begin team registration on March 1 of the current tournament year. Returning teams who register by March 31 are guaranteed a spot in this year’s tournament provided the team’s first deposit is received by May 1. After May 1, 2016, all teams that register, whether returning from last year or new, will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Las Vegas Host Committee recognizes the tournament’s need to add new teams who will hopefully commit to travel to future tournaments. At the same time, we recognize the challenge to schedule a tournament with an odd number of teams. Therefore, we encourage returning teams to register their team prior to May 1 to secure your spot because once we get to 16 teams we will have to close registration at that point.
PLAYER FEES and TEAM DEPOSITS
The 2016 Player Fee is will be $250 USD / $345 CDN. Those who pay the entire team fee by June 1, 2016 will receive a reduced tournament fee of $230 USD / $315 CDN. The player fee will cover the cost of at least six games of softball, a hospitality room stocked with food and drinks, three breakfasts, lunch at the fields, the Sunday Night Banquet featuring a special guest, the tournament video and lots of raffle prizes, goodie bag and a commemorative tournament tee shirt and more!
EARLY REGISTARTION INCENTIVES
The Las Vegas host committee understands that it is not easy to collect monies from your individual players in a timely manner. It should be understood that the host city may have deposits and other expenses that may incur way before the team fees are due. With this is mind, the Las Vegas Host
Committee will be offering incentives for early payment.
The first team to send a deposit of 1,000 USD or $1400 CND, will receive a Complimentary 1 hour wine and beer reception on Friday Night – Courtesy of Sunset Station Hotel Casino
The first team to send full team payment will receive their choice of the following:
● Complimentary team dinner at the Feast Buffet on Friday night – Courtesy of Sunset Station Hotel Casino
● Team Bag consisting of bats and other softball equipment – Courtesy of Joshua Segal
● Free team uniforms (Max $400.00) – Courtesy of Neil Popish)
The second team to pay in full will receive second choice and third team to register received last choice of the above prizes. Must be paid in full by June 1, 2016 to be eligible for the above prizes.
The cost for additional adult guests (ages 14 and up) will be $75 USD / $100 CDN.
The first Team Deposit of $1,000 USD or $1400 CND is due by April 30, 2016. The remaining balance is due by July 31, 2016. The deposits are non-refundable.
RENTAL CARS and the HOST HOTEL
We will continue the tradition of providing a stipend to offset the cost of renting vehicles for teams who travel by airline to the tournament. The plans to provide each team with two cars for any teams who fly to Las Vegas. Further instructions about the rental cars will be provided at a later date.
The Tournament Blueprint states that it is the obligation of the visiting teams to stay at the host hotel. The Host Committee’s hotel expenses for the Hospitality Room, hot buffet breakfasts and the Sunday Night Banquet are based on an estimate of number of rooms booked by tournament
participants. Teams who travel by air to Las Vegas and do not stay at the host hotel will not receive a stipend to offset the cost of the rental vehicles. Players who do not stay at the host hotel will not be entitled to eat at the breakfast buffet in the hotel or receive the lunch at the diamonds. In addition, the team will receive a monetary penalty to be decided by the EC.
This is a Jewish tournament. By registering your team and as the acting manager, you are agreeing to the terms of this Tournament Registration Statement, as the manager of your team, you are:
- Acknowledging that you have read the Tournament Mission Statement and agree to abide by its vision; namely that this is a Jewish Slo-Pitch tournament.
- Acknowledging that you have read the Tournament Blueprint (now available online) and agree to abide by its rules as they pertain to player eligibility.
- Agreeing to contact the STLHC/EC to discuss the eligibility of any player on your roster who you think or know may not meet the qualifications for eligibility set forth in the Tournament Blueprint.
- You understand that the STLHC, in the interest of honoring the spirit of the Tournament Mission Statement, has the responsibility to verify eligibility of your team’s roster.
We know there are players who have participated in this tournament for many years who are not Jewish and are grandfathered under the terms of the Blueprint’s Eligibility Rules. We also recognize that there are a few teams in recent years who have added non-Jewish players to their rosters whose eligibility under the Tournament Blueprint is questionable; sometimes they notified the Host Committee in advance of the tournament to ask their blessing to allow them to play and other times they have not.
The IJMSPT/EC and your Tournament Executive Committee (hereafter “EC”) recognize that for some teams it is difficult to fill a team with all Jewish players. While you may want to bring a non-Jewish player who plays with your team or in your league back home or has some other connection to your team to fill a roster spot, please note that the Tournament Blueprint specifies that the manager must first contact the host committee chairman to request that he locate one or more eligible Jewish ballplayers from the host city to add to your roster before any special request to add a non-eligible player can be considered.
We will consider your special requests to add players who are not eligible per the Tournament Blueprint, only in the following situation:
- You are unable to find eligible Jewish ballplayer(s) to fill your roster.
- You contact the Host Committee (HC) to advise them of your roster fulfillment needs.
- The HC will make every attempt to find eligible Jewish ballplayers from the host city or another city to add to your roster.
- If the HC is unable to find an eligible Jewish ballplayer for your roster, the HC and the EC will consider your special request to add a non-eligible ballplayer to your roster.
- If the HC and EC grant you a special exception to permit a non-eligible player on your 2016 roster, it pertains ONLY to that given year’s tournament. This does not grant him grandfathered status for future tournaments.
Please also note the following:
- The decisions of the HC and the EC concerning player eligibility are final.
- The HC and EC have the right to verify the eligibility of each player on your roster.
- If the HC and EC discover that a team has used an ineligible non-grandfathered player that had not been granted a special exception to play on your (current tournament year’s) team, pursuant to the Tournament Blueprint, the team will not be allowed to participate in the tournament. Any games played by said team will be deemed to be forfeited.
- The HC and EC are not responsible for any expenses incurred by team members should their team be disqualified from participating in the tournament due to the breach of the eligibility rule.
- While the HC and EC will consider the team’s reasons for requesting a special exception to the Eligibility Rule as stated in the Tournament Blueprint, their joint decision in each case will be based on what is in the best interests of the International Jewish Men’s Slo-Pitch Tournament with the intent not to undermine the spirit of the tournament as articulated in the Tournament Mission Statement.